08 June 2011

How To Add a Different Image Before Each Post Title

I was looking and looking and trying and trying and asking and--well, no, I just asked once--how to get a cute image with the posting date to show up before each post title.  I easily found tutorials on how to put the same image before each post title, but I couldn't have each post dated "June 2" (unless I severely cut down on how often I post).  But finally, I found a tutorial that worked.  And now I'm going to share it with you:  Add Icon or Picture in Blogger Post Title

It's really easy, and it actually worked.  The main post is on adding the same image before every post title, but scroll down to the Update, and you'll see how to add different images.

PS--If your image is pressing too close to the title, you can add some breathing room by entering a few spaces (just hit the spacebar key--no complicated coding) between the HTML code given and your title.  I added two.

So what do you think of my little date icon?  I think it adds a little personality.  :)


UPDATE:  I found out a different and easier way to customize the posting date.  I will write a post about it soon.  But so you know what I was talking about in this post, this is how I was doing it:


I do like how this little icon looks, but now I don't have to create a new image for each post.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! I've been wondering how to do that. On my way to check out the tutorials...

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you--your comments make my day!

I've been getting a lot of spam comments lately, so I'll not be allowing anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry to any legitimate anonymous commenters!