27 December 2010

Make Your Own Travel Baby Monitor!

Hi all!  Here's another quick post while I'm on vacation.  Hope you enjoy!

So, the other evening, the munchkins were in bed and the adults were wanting to watch a movie.  (Ramona and Beezus.  Cute movie.  I read the books when I was little, but I think I'm going to have to read them again now.  Hmm, maybe I'll wait until Hailey is old enough to appreciate them and we'll read them together.  What reading level are they, anyway?  But I digress.)  The problem was, we didn't bring our baby monitor!  What if Hailey woke up and was crying and crying and we couldn't hear her at the other end of the house, down the stairs, and with the movie playing?  (We'd just put her down and she wasn't asleep yet.)  But Joseph and I came up with a genius idea, if I do say so myself.  We called each other on our cell phones and put them both on speakerphone.  My phone went in the guest room with Hailey, and Joseph stuck his in his pocket (muted, so Hailey wouldn't hear our movie or laughter).  We could hear Hailey singing herself to sleep (we call it her "sleepy song") and knew she just fine.

(Warning!  If you want to try this, make sure you won't go over your cell phone minutes!  Joseph and I are on the same plan, so the hour and a half-ish movie didn't take any minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you--your comments make my day!

I've been getting a lot of spam comments lately, so I'll not be allowing anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry to any legitimate anonymous commenters!