25 July 2011

Five Star Chocolate Marshmallow Ice Cream Topping

Monday evening in my family means Family Night!  Family Night is a  time we set aside to be together as a family (go figure), play games, learn about Jesus, and--this part is very important--have Family Night Treat!

Last week, we didn't have any treat planned, so I just looked around my kitchen to see what might inspire me.  This is what I found:

mini marshmallows
peanut butter chips
semi-sweet chocolate chips
and 
Heath English Toffee Bits

Add graham crackers from my cupboard, and I think I can make that work.

Prep time:  5 minutes, maybe less (I love quick cooking)
Total time:  20 minutes, maybe less

Crush graham crackers and spread them out in your baking dish.  (I used 3 graham crackers for a 6 x 8 1/2 inch casserole dish.)  Add all the ingredients listed above in whatever amounts you like.  It's a flexible recipe.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until marshmallows are puffy and start turning golden brown and delicious.

Serve hot over ice cream.  It is also good (four stars, says Mr. MadeIt) eaten by itself.

(I always like it better when recipes have pictures with them, but none of my pictures turned out nicely.  Sorry!)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful - anything with chocolate chips and heath toffee bits is wonderful in my book - we'll have to try this sometime
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. so yummy and simple I will try it..thank you for sharing....:))

    (http://www.bellecaketopperandmould.net/)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you--your comments make my day!

I've been getting a lot of spam comments lately, so I'll not be allowing anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry to any legitimate anonymous commenters!