27 July 2011

How to Add a Favicon in Blogger

I think it's really cool when blogs have a favicon appear before their url--it just seems so professional.  But the tutorials I'd found on how to add my own seemed too complicated.  (And I don't think Photoshop can save a file as an .ico, which the favicon must be.)


Then, as I was working on my blog one day, I saw a new feature in the Page Elements section:  I could now add a favicon right from there!  Awesome!  No complicated html coding, no hosting images on other sites, and guess what?  It doesn't even have to be a .ico file!


Are you as excited about this as I am?  I think this rocks.

A favicon is 16 pixels square, so use your favorite image editing software to make a really awesome (and tiny) icon.  Remember that since it is so small, simple is best.

I tried uploading my favicon as both a .jpg and a .png, and I don't remember which one ended up working. Sorry!  Maybe either would work?

Once your image is ready, just go into Page Elements, and click to Edit your favicon.  Upload your favicon and save.  

It took a few minutes for my favicon to actually appear on my blog for some reason, but it did work, and it was really easy.

Have fun making your awesome blogs even better!

4 comments:

  1. Woof! Woof! We added manually before so a bit hesitant to use this feature (will try n check it out - it will probably create a double favicon). Great addition for blogger blogs. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your favicon! I made one for myself this week the same way! It is so much fun having a unique favicon I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute favicon. I'll have to make one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey great!i will try this later..:))

    Dont forget to follow me here:
    asyiqscraft.blogspot.com
    thanks ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you--your comments make my day!

I've been getting a lot of spam comments lately, so I'll not be allowing anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry to any legitimate anonymous commenters!