05 September 2011

The Mommy Doll--My Entry for the WholePort Creativity Expo

Remember way back in July when I told you about getting free stuff from WholePort?  (This post.)  Well, I finally got my project done!  I know, I took forever.  I was planning to design my own skirt pattern, and use the trim somewhere on it...but it just wasn't working out, and I wasn't really inspired on the design, anyway.


So I guess Boo won after all--I made her a doll.  Awww, see how she's cuddling the doll?  And when I asked Boo what the doll's name is, she said, "Mommy."  Well, that might be confusing--she already has another toy with the same name as me, so I suggested this one be named "Mommy Doll," instead.  Inventive, I know.

I was going to do a tutorial, have a pattern you to print off, the whole shebang.  But it needs some perfecting first.  So I guess you just get pictures!


I love how her shoes turned out.


Does the flower in her hair look familiar?  It's my little Kanzashi flower I posted about here.  I drew the face on with a Pigma Micron pen (0.45 mm line width, if  you wanted to know).  And the lips I filled it with thread.  Yeah.  Sewing thread, not embroidery thread.  That took forever.

The doll didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to (though my pictures do hide it's flaws pretty well, I'm glad to say).  But Boo loves it, so I guess that's all that really matters.

Happy crafting. 

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you--your comments make my day!

I've been getting a lot of spam comments lately, so I'll not be allowing anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry to any legitimate anonymous commenters!