07 October 2011

Haunted Gingerbread Houses


Think gingerbread houses are only for Christmas time?  Oh, no:  it's Haunted Gingerbread House time!  Just use chocolate frosting instead of white, and Halloween candy instead of Christmas, and voila! 

In case you're wondering, the picture above is of the Haunted Outhouse my husband made.  I love it!

Something great about haunted houses is that they're falling apart--you don't need to worry too much about structural integrity.  Well, maybe you should a little...


The funny thing is, the house fell onto my fence--which I building to look like it was falling down.  So when I fixed my house, I didn't fix the fence.  :)  Well, the other funny thing is that the gingerbread house fell down because I moved it away from Boo because I was afraid she would knock it down...and I pushed the house into my frosting jar...


Probably the best thing about Halloween gingerbread houses is all the fun details!  Don't you love that little Jack-O-Lantern!  A little, angry pumpkin guarding his haunted house....  And the Twix grave (I totally stole this idea from my little brother)...  And the bats I drew on the side of the house with frosting...


This is a really fun activity to do as a family.  And any messiness that little ones contribute just adds to the Halloween effect!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you--your comments make my day!

I've been getting a lot of spam comments lately, so I'll not be allowing anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry to any legitimate anonymous commenters!